The Wellness Clan

The Wellness Clan

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Don't Ever Give Up!


    Ok, I have been off the grid for awhile. For those who want to keep up with me, I will be posting more often. Lately, I have been having my ups and downs when it comes to health and fitness. Now, let me talk with you a little about health. Many people think of health as being healthy when it comes to eating. Have you ever thought of being healthy in other ways other than the way you eat? Many don't think of working on your mental health. That is one thing that I need to add to my work-on list.
    Recently, I have been trying to pass a test that I need to become teacher certified, however, after many attempts, I keep falling just a few points short of passing. Does this get me frustrated? ABSOLUTELY! Who wouldn't be frustrated spending money and time trying to pass a test that helps them gain a job? Even though I have not been passing, I have not led up on studying to try to pass it later one. I have tried many different strategies and now I know for sure what will help me pass, my wife. That was one strategy I was not utilizing to it's full potential.
    Now, lets continue this talk of mental health. It is up to us to better ourselves mentally. It is up to us to continue to learn and keep up on things that help us become successful. Recently, I began reading a lot of personal development books. In doing so, I am bettering myself by learning new things as well as working on my literacy skills. Trust me, you can never read to much (take it from someone who has taken multiple educational literacy classes!) :) Have any of you out there heard of lumosity? This is a website that is all about 'brain games'. Take a look here
    We have covered some mental health, now lets look at the health of your body! Recently, I have been doing the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. This has been absolutely amazing! I feel so good and have lost about 6 pounds so far. I have also lost a couple inches and I have been doing this for about a week. I am not looking at this on how much weight I will lose but by how I feel. I have felt and increase in my energy as well as my general functions of my inner body as I don't have heartburn or headaches like I use to have. Want to learn more? Check it out here!
    Keep up the good work! Just remember the words from Tony Horton, "Do your best and forget the rest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment